Position: Dining Service Substitute
Servicing Seminole County Public Schools
The Dining Service Employee provides services as an employee of StaffEZ assisting in maintaining the food service program at school level in an efficient and effective manner to meet the nutritional needs and program acceptability of students and staff in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
Essential Job Functions (note this is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position):
Knowledge of computer, cash register, and/or food processing equipment as related to specific job functions.
- Ability to be flexible and handle a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Functional skills in reading, writing and basic mathematics.
- Responsible for the performance of duties assigned by the manager, including but not limited to: working in extreme temperatures, standing for extended periods of time, lifting twenty-five pounds without assistance, and operating commercial food service equipment, such as convection ovens, fryers, vertical cutter/mixers, and planetary mixers.
- Responsible for the preparation and serving of the food, as assigned by the manager, following proper meal standards, written standardized recipes and instructions and portion control methods.
- Responsible for cleaning serving lines, work stations, service areas, storage areas, kitchen floors, kitchen equipment and tools, washing dishes and utensils and emptying refuse in the kitchen as assigned by the manager. Cleaning materials may include but not limited to: various household and industrial chemicals such as chlorine bleach, grease cutter and oven cleaners.
- Maintain an attitude of helpfulness toward fellow employees and students.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Represent the District and StaffEZ in a professional manner by performing all job functions at a satisfactory or above level.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents, and the community in a positive, supportive, and cooperative ways.
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested, consistent with reasonable expectations for the contracted position.
- High School Diploma or the equivalence or Florida Special Diploma preferred.
- Completion of the required Global Compliance Network online training modules.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Must meet criminal history background requirements per Jessica Lunsford Act
- Physical Requirements: Medium Work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Standing: Assuming an upright position on the feet particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Bending: Lowering the body forward from the waist.
- Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist through the use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Twisting: Moving body from the waist using a turning motion.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position through the use of the upper extremities and back muscles exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Finger Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial and continuous movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing Acuity: The ability to perceive speech and other environmental sounds at normal loudness levels.
- Visual Acuity: The power to see at a level which allows reading of numbers and text, operation of equipment, inspection of machines, etc.
Starting Date: Immediate
Work Year, Hours & Compensation:
186 days per year, 20 hour workweek, $13.00 per hour Non-Exempt
Application Procedure: Please apply online at my.staffez.org
Application Timeline: Until Filled
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.