Summary: The Custodian provides services as an employee of STAFFEZ servicing the district by enhancing the learning environment of the students by maintaining the facilities in a manner that will be pleasing to students, staff, parents and visiting members of the community.
Essential Job Functions (note this is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position):
- Sweep, mop, scrub, strip, apply sealer and finish to floors; clean and polish furniture; dust furniture; clean and sanitize restrooms and replace toilet room supplies; dispose of trash and garbage; clean glass, walls, ceilings, windows, wood work, and light fixtures; clean chalkboards, chalk rails, and erasers.
- Maintain the outside premises clean and in an orderly condition.
- Use custodial supplies and equipment in appropriate manner. Restock and maintain all supplies in restroom. Approximately inventory supplies and equipment and share needs for additional supplies or equipment with supervisor.
- Replace light bulbs and report damages to structure and equipment that requires repairs unable to be performed directly.
- Report any vandalism, maintenance and safety issues in a timely fashion.
- Move furniture and equipment that may require lifting or the use of other moving equipment.
- Ensures all of your work meets established standards set for cleanliness, operations, safety, and security.
- Locks/unlocks doors and windows to classrooms, offices and buildings; turns off unnecessary lighting.
- Communicate effectively with administrators, staff, students, and other individuals as necessary while maintaining a positive relationship atmosphere.
- Attend outside training as directed by the Supervisor.
- Follow written work schedule.
- Represent the District and STAFFEZ in a professional manner by performing all job functions at a satisfactory or above level.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents, and the community in a positive, supportive, and cooperative ways.
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested, consistent with reasonable expectations for the contracted position.
High School Education
- 1 year of commercial cleaning experience preferred
- Completion of the required Global Compliance Network training modules
- Hold all licenses necessary to perform the specific duties assigned including but not limited to: Handling and application of hazardous materials, pesticides, maintain boiler and other mechanical equipment, and other construction/maintenance duties.
- Any other qualification necessary to perform the duties of the specific position as described now or in the future as determined by the Supervisor, Administration, and/or Federal & State law.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Must meet criminal history background requirements.
Light to heavy work: Exerting up to the maximum pounds of force necessary and allowable by law to frequently lift or move objects.
Starting Date: Upon Approval
Work Year, Hours & Compensation:
- 40 hours per week